Choosing the right property
Buying a home is one of the most important decisions you'll make in your lifetime and good planning is key to having no regrets down the track.
Here are our top tips for buying a property.
- Establish a relationship with your local Highland Property Agents’ area specialist. Keeping in regular contact with us will take care of a lot of the research – we will notify you when relevant properties come onto the market.
- Speak with your financier to help you arrange the loan to best suit your requirements. We recommend Highland Financial Services for low interest rates and specialised service: www.highlandfinancialservices.com.au
- Select your preferred suburbs bearing in mind your affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Learn as much as you can about the current market value of properties in your preferred area. Good sources of information include your local Highland Property Agents’ area specialist, the sold sections of realestate.com.au, domain.com.au, The Sydney Morning Herald Price Guide, real estate agents and real estate publications listing recent sale prices. Also compare the asking price of homes currently on the market to the ones you are interested in.
- Be informed about the services offered by real estate agents, solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers and loan providers, and shop around until you find one that you are completely comfortable with.
- Remember not to rush – you will be paying off your loan for decades to come so you want to make sure you choose the right property.
- Consider the legal side to buying a home, including the various types of contracts and loan agreements. Take your time to read everything carefully before you sign and make sure you fully understand all legal terms.
By doing your homework you can rest assured that you've done everything you can to find the right property at the right price.